Featured Post

'Jambons'

I don't know if 'Jambons' are only available in Ireland, but they are a very popular hot snack here. Puff/flakey pastry squares ...

31.5.11

Just a quick supper


       The first two of our courgettes were ready on Sunday and we needed a light supper. Here is what I came up with.

I diced a two inch piece of spicy chorizo in to small dice and cooked them in a spoonful of olive oil on the omelette pan, then I sliced an onion and a clove of garlic and softened them in the oil from the chorizo. I emptied all of this into a bowl and added a good handful of mint chopped.

        I sliced the two courgettes in to thin slices and cooked them in the pan with a little more oil till just starting to colour.

        I added the courgette slices to the bowl and grated on some Parmesan and seasoned it with some salt and pepper.

        I cracked in four eggs and mixed it all well together and poured the whole lot back onto the omelette pan and cooked till golden underneath. To finish the top I put the pan into the top oven of the Aga for about three minutes to set the middle.

         I served it with a salad and it was perfect. Just real food fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment